A significant investment is made when deploying an estate of payment terminals and so the last conversation that many retailers want to have is about how they have to spend even more money on securing the devices. Our approach is to help merchants and operators understand the risks, and assist them in installing the mounting solution that brings the maximum ROI and meet best practice physical security, and therefore, PCI compliance.
What are the PCI DSS Requirements?
PCI DSS 3.1, 9.9 states that a merchant “must protect point-of-sale devices that capture payment card data via direct physical interaction with the card from tampering and substitution.”
It is the retailer’s responsibility to ensure devices are secured but also that they take appropriate measures to accommodate correct installation and security around the placement of the payment terminal position at the POS environment.
The threats are real and the requirement to mitigate them under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI: DSS) are critical if retailers want to avoid fines and a loss of customer confidence if data is stolen.
Any security breach of payment card data has far-reaching consequences for affected organisations including;
- » Regulatory notification requirements,
- » Loss of reputation
- » Loss of customers
- » Potential financial liabilities
- » Litigation
Help is on hand!
SpacePole, Inc. is able to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of physical security AND PCI DSS compliance, including:
- Knowledge and understanding of the most appropriate payment solution for a range of applications: Static, mobile, contactless
- Expertise in product placement in the work station to enhance productivity and accessibility for all
- Knowledge and understanding of the PCI Data Security Standards